Caesium Control System Upgrade for Camscan and XL-series SEMs
Extend the performance and life of your FEI/Philips XL-series or Camscan SEM with the CaesiumTM series control system upgrade.
We know the hardware and electronics on a SEM can last for decades, but computer operating systems become obsolete and unsupported in just a few years. So we developed the Caesium Control System Upgrade.
Derived from 15 years of development behind Camscan's HeliosTM software, Caesium is a modern control system with a client-server architecture, designed for end-user installation. Caesium runs under the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system, on an ultra-fast PC, and communicates directly with your system's existing electronics. The Caesium control system provides complete system control, new features and new capabilities, bringing your XL-series or Camscan SEM into the 21st century. Caesium even keeps your IT department happy without the worry of dealing with an outdated, non-secure and unsupported PC operating system.
Advanced features include:
- Complete and fully integrated system control: vacuum system, SEM source (display only) and column, detectors, sample stage, scanning and image acquisition.
- Compatible with your existing 3rd party EDS, CL and other accessory systems.
- Supports the FEI/Philips Manual User Interface (MUI) and joystick.
- Support for multiple USB cameras allows in-chamber viewing on the Caesium screen, with integrated camera controls
- Image processing: contrast, brightness and gamma adjustments, filters, edge detection with complete access to the OpenCV library of image processing functions.
- Image calibration and measurements.
- Image annotation and drawing tools.
- Drag and drop images into Caesium from Windows Explorer and other applications.
- Multiple image windows, up to 20 image panes per window, on 1 or 2 display monitors. Display multiple live images in real-time.
- Automate operations using simple text scripts in the Python language; example scripts available to get you started.
- Control your SEM remotely using Windows Remote Desktop Connection or the Teamviewer application. (In fact, that's how we demonstrate Caesium to our customers.)
- Image notes and tool properties display in Windows Explorer
- Store and automatically recall settings for each user.
- Image reflection for optical microscope camera display.
- Save image in tiff, bmp, jpeg, gif or png formats. Import and convert FEI/Philips native .img format images to these standard image file types.
- The Caesium series control system upgrades are available as a complete PC and software package shipped direct from our factory.
Request the Caesium Control System datasheet and bring your
Camscan or XL-series SEM into the 21st century.